This clip shows Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers coming together to speak with one voice in a national forum. It brings together people from all over the country, showing them at registration, listening to presentations, networking etc. The main focus of the forum was the latest developments in national registration, and the consequences and impacts of increasing professional status.
A series of interviews follows with different people who attended the forum illustrating:
- the variety of work that people are involved in (sexual health, cardiac health, hearing health, cultural awareness training);
- the age range of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers (recent qualification to 40 years in the field);
- geographical distribution (metropolitan, regional, remote);
- levels of professional experience and responsibility (health worker, manager, trainer)
- the significance of registration